Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Houston BBQ/Reception/Welcome Back Party

Yes, a party of many names! We couldn't really decide on if it would be called a Reception or not. It is almost past the point of calling any wedding celebration receptions since the wedding was almost a year ago. But to be fair, we didn't get back to the states to have a reception until now. So we combined the Reception and BBQ and added the Welcome Back part as well. In saying we, I need to point out that Mom was the one who all the credit goes to. We helped out some, but Mom organized most of it, and saw to all the food and most everything else. I am so greatful for everything she does for us!

The theme... Texas BBQ. Barry cooked brisket, which anyone who has had his brisket knows, is amazing! There was all the usual BBQ happenings, potato salad, baked beans, pasta salad, rolls, etc. Mom made a beautiful cake and put flowers on it.

The most amazing bit was all the people who showed up. We had new friends from the ward that we are just getting to know. Old friends from the ward from when I was young. People from my mother's work. People I grew up with... friends from college, high school, YSA, and work.

It was so amazing to be able to share with my friends and family, memories of my wedding. I look forward to being able to do that even more 'formally' (if you will) in March when we have our One Year Anniversary Party/New Orleans Reception.

Thank you everyone who was able to make it to the party to support us, and thank you for your thoughts and prayers for those who could not make it!
Jon and I cutting our cake.
Jon, Me, My grandfather, Ryan (my brother), and Mom

2 comments:

Tavs said...

Mom is so amazingly gorgeous. Looks like a lot of fun!

Desirea said...

Mom will love you forever when I tell her you said that. :) It was a lot of fun. Sorry you couldn't be there. Can't wait til you get here so we can get together again!